Wairoa Gorge Bike Park (WGBP) Waiver
To be agreed to by all riders taking part in a Nelson Mountain Bike club (NMTBC) organised day/event/visit.
Mountain Biking is a dangerous sport. While riding at Wairoa Gorge Mountain Bike Park you will encounter steep slopes and / or avoidable obstacles possibly on a narrow track and / or surfaces that provide poor traction. There may be exposure to the tracks outside edge and steep drop offs. There is a possibility that you may fall off your bike and get injured. You need to ride within your limits, respect the trails and other riders and always remember that you are in a remote area with limited access to emergency services.
RISK DISCLOSURE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
I understand that there are risks involved in the activities I will be undertaking. I also understand that an unpredictable or uncontrollable event may occur that could possibly cause me serious harm or death. I am aware of the implications of my voluntary participation and the consequences should I ignore the organisation’s safety management procedures and directions, including procedures and directions regarding the use of any safety equipment. I also am aware I have the right to refuse to undertake certain tasks or ride certain trails if I believe I cannot safely complete them.
I acknowledge that the organisation will take all reasonable and practical steps to keep me safe while I am involved in these activities. However, I accept full responsibility for my own actions or inaction.
1. I am aware that the activity involves some physical exertion and the inherent dangers and risk including changeable weather conditions.
2. I declare and confirm that I am physically fit and have no condition or injury that could be affected by this activity.
3. I will comply with all instructions of NMTBC and the volunteers and contractors working at WGBP
4. I am aware that if I am or if I appear to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs I will not be permitted to participate in the activity, and I will not be entitled to a refund.
5. I understand that it may be necessary for NMTBC to cancel the activity at short notice. NMTBC will not be responsible (to the extent permitted by law) for any loss arising from such a cancellation.
6. I accept that NMTBC will not be responsible for, and I release, waive and hold harmless its officers, members, volunteers and contractors from all claims I may have in respect of any losses, damages, expenses or injury arising during or in conjunction with my participation in this activity, including any claims for damages caused by negligence of NMTBC its officers, members, volunteers and contractors together with any costs including legal fees that may be incurred as a result of any such claims, losses, damages or expenses, whether valid or not, (to the extent permitted by law), regardless of how that loss, damage, expense or injury is caused.
7. I also indemnify NMTBC, its officers, members, volunteers and contractors against all claims, losses, damage, or expenses or claim that any of my guests or any one or more of my or their executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors or assignees may have or assert and against any costs including legal fees that may be incurred as a result of any such claims, losses, damages or expenses, whether valid or not.
8. If I am not a resident of New Zealand I declare that I will not endeavour to avoid conditions 6 and 7 by commencing legal action in another country.
9. I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed to be necessary by NMTBC or it’s contractors in the case of injury, accident or illness during the course of undertaking this activity and also agree to indemnify NMTBC and its contractors in respect of such medical treatment.
10. I have read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions and understand that NMTBC will rely on this declaration and on the information I have provided.